You must call 337-365-3221 24 hours before reporting to Jury Duty.
Proper Dress RequiredNO SHORTS - NO TANK TOPS
Please bring your summons with you to court
Useful Information Pertaining to Jury Trials
Judges & Officials of The 16th Judicial District Court
- Division A Judge Anthony Thibodeaux
- Division B Judge Suzanne deMahy
- Division C Judge Vincent J. Borne
- Division D Judge Lewis H. Pitman, Jr.
- Division E Judge Keith Comeaux
- Division F Judge Gregory P. Aucoin
- Division G Judge Curtis Sigur
- Division H Judge Lori Landry
- Court Administrator Stephanie Richardson
The Louisiana Juror System
The names of all licensed drivers and registered voters within Iberia Parish are placed into the Clerk of Court computer. The computer uses random selection to select the names of people who will receive a subpoena for jury duty.
In order to qualify for jury selection, you must:
- be a citizen of the United States and Louisiana, and must have resided in St. Martin parish for at least one year before service;
- be at least eighteen years of age;
- be able to read, write and speak the English language;
- not have a mental or physical infirmity which makes service impossible;
- not be under indictment for a felony, nor convicted of a felony for which he/she has not been pardoned
If you should not meet all of these requirements, contact the office of the Judge to be excused. In the event jury service would result in undue or extreme inconvenience or hardship, you may contact the office of the Judge to request a postponement or excuse.
Only certain people are eligible for complete exemptions. They include those who have served on a jury in the 16th Judicial District within the last two years and those who are 70 years of age or older. If you are in either of these categories, you may claim an exemption from jury service; however, if you wish to serve, you may do so. If you do elect to claim one of these exemptions, the Clerk of Court will assist you in presenting the necessary proof.
If you have any questions, it is advised that you call our office to ensure that you are following the protocols within the court system.